[cfe-dev] FW: Clang 3.0 variadic template pack expansion error

Nathan Ridge zeratul976 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 9 18:55:41 PST 2012

> >> 1)
> >>
> >> template // Too many template parameters
> >> class Tuple : public Tuple
> >>
> >> should be
> >>
> >> template // Too many template parameters
> >>
> >> class Tuple : public Tuple
> >>
> >> since you want to declare a (partial) specialization of the primary template,
> >> not the primary template itself.
>
> Your formatting got corrupted here; I assume you mean "class
> Tuple : public Tuple"
>
> -Eli

Sorry about that, my mail client was in Rich Text mode and ate
the angle brackets (and what was between them) :(

Let me try again:

template<typename FirstType, typename ...RestTypes>
class Tuple : public Tuple<RestTypes...>

should be

template<typename FirstType, typename ...RestTypes>
class Tuple<FirstType, RestTypes...> : public Tuple<RestTypes...>

and

:Tuple<RestTypes...>( Others ), Value( ValueIn )

should be

:Tuple<RestTypes...>( Others... ), Value( ValueIn )

Regards,
Nate