[cfe-dev] C++11 generalized attributes support

Philip Reames listmail at philipreames.com
Thu Jan 5 16:24:43 PST 2012

On 01/05/2012 07:57 AM, Douglas Gregor wrote:

> On Jan 5, 2012, at 6:09 AM, Redmond, Paul wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I see there is some preliminary support for C++11-style attributes in
>> clang. I was wondering if anyone is actively working on this feature?
>> In particular I am interested in attributes on for statements.
>
> To my knowledge, nobody is actively working on this feature.
>
> - Doug
I'm not working on the feature per se, but have been touching some of
the related codepaths in a local project.  I'm still building against
2.9 (yes, I need to update), but so far the support seems somewhat
spotty.  It's clear someone made an attempt to add parsing in many of
the appropriate cases, but the attributes are often immediately
discarded after parsing.

Looking at the implementation of the for loop attributes - on HEAD - the
attributes are parsed but discarded. (See ParseStmt.cpp,
ParseForStatement in clang/lib/Parse/)  Unknown attributes are discarded
during parsing itself in ParseCXX0XAttributes in ParseDeclCXX.cpp.

Yours,
Philip Reames