[cfe-dev] clang + managed c++...

Tarmo Pikaro tapika at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 30 13:40:23 PST 2012

Hi !

Happy New 2013 Year to everyone.

I've used cmake-gui and cross compiled llvm + clang to visual studio 2008. (Windows).

(Found one web page which recommended to use cygwin, but it has it's own problems apparently).

Now I would like to add managed c++ support (and interfaces) with further wiring to C#.

So far I have experimented with cland.exe front end tool, but C# wiring would require dll.

I have noticed that there exists libclang.dll - but it's interface did not opened to me (two test applications
c-arcmt-test.exe / c-index-test.exe - did not understood what they do exactly.)

(question 1) My idea is to copy clang.exe's source codes directly to dll - but may be you can recommend me
best approach for doing this dll ? In ideal world I would like to have one front end exe (like clang.exe)
for testing compilation, and dll which is used by .exe. Dll exposes also managed C++ interfaces next to
native C++ interfaces.

(question 2) Do you know best approach of enabling managed c++ support (/clr) within dll - does cmake support this
already - preferably so that /clr support is enabled only on individual files, not on project level.

(question 3) Do you have or has anyone made support for parsing .vcproj / .vcxproj project files -
so project files could be taken as an input directly ?

Btw - to commit any change into clang trunk - do I need developer account to svn ?
I prefer to chat over skype if you have more detailed questions.

--
Have a nice day!
Tarmo.