[cfe-dev] Do you use UML utility programs?

Journeyer J. Joh oosaprogrammer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 01:19:47 PST 2012

Hi Sean Silva,

There is a tool, which can be integrated into doxygen and can generate
sequence diagram.

http://www.gooli.org/blog/doxygen-meets-sequence-diagrams/

I was recommended using this program earlier but haven't tried this yet.
I just want to let you know about this.

Please don't blame me if this consumed your time without successful return. ^^;

I think sequence diagram provides an insight to the readers but
requires too much time for the person who draws it.

Sincerely
Journeyer

2012/12/25 Journeyer J. Joh <oosaprogrammer at gmail.com>:
> Hi Sean Silva and people on our list,
>
>>> What tools did you use to generate the diagrams for the klang documentation?
>
> I use StarUML. ( http://staruml.sourceforge.net/en/ )
>
> I mentioned about this earlier before on this mail-list.
> It's a Windows only application and free software.
>
> It is good SW. But development is stopped since long ago.
> The product was originally a commercial one. But all of a sudden the
> company has been shutdown and the product is released as a free and
> open source.
>
> Please don't get me wrong I am not related with this SW.
> I am only a user.
>
> Sincerely
> Journeyer
>
> 2012/12/25 Sean Silva <silvas at purdue.edu>:
>> On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 9:19 PM, "C. Bergström"
>> <cbergstrom at pathscale.com> wrote:
>>> At the bottom
>>>
>>>  Created using<a  href="http://sphinx.pocoo.org/
>>> <view-source:http://sphinx.pocoo.org/>">Sphinx</a>  1.1.3.
>>
>> That is the documentation generator which creates generate the HTML
>> page from the .rst files (similar to how LLVM and Clang's `docs/*.rst`
>> files get turned into `{,clang.}llvm.org/docs/*.html`), and is not
>> related to the sequence diagrams (which are just images as far as
>> Sphinx is concerned). (As it happens, I'm actually the one that set up
>> the Sphinx infrastructure for klang (see
>> <https://github.com/Journeyer/klang/pull/2>)).
>>
>> -- Sean Silva
>

> --
> Journeyer J. Joh