[cfe-dev] Heads up, renaming attempt #2!

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 13:18:06 PST 2012

So, last time I tried, I needed a bit more tooling in place to do the
renaming sanely. =] That's taken care of, and so I'm hoping to do the
renaming from 'clang/lib/CodeGen/...' to 'clang/lib/IRGen/...' over the
holidays (hopefully minimal patches outstanding).

I'm also going to try to systematically clean up the naming of files and
classes.

The current leading strategy for files:

  lib/CodeGen/CGCall.cpp -> lib/IRGen/Call.cpp
  lib/CodeGen/CodeGenFunction.cpp -> lib/IRGen/Function.cpp

The current leading strategy for classes:

  clang::CGFoo -> clang::irgen::Foo
  clang::CodeGenBar -> clang::irgen::Bar

I'm asking Doug and John to paint this bikeshed so that we don't just go
around in circles endlessly.