[cfe-dev] Linker selection

Erik Cederstrand erik at cederstrand.dk
Fri Dec 14 03:10:02 PST 2012

Den 14/12/2012 kl. 11.14 skrev Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at google.com>:

> I would much rather see the effort go into making 'lld' (or 'MCLinker' for that matter...) be a viable, compatible linker on the particular platform of interest.

I'm already helping the MCLinker folks to make MCLinker an alternative linker for FreeBSD, including implementing the necessary GNU ld-compatible flags. They are 90% done WRT userland, and linking the kernel is next.

What we really need is a more flexible way of specifying which linker the compiler should use internally. Replacing /usr/bin/ld with a symlink is not flexible.

Thanks,
Erik