[cfe-dev] Creating DLLs from within an application

Marco Craveiro marco.craveiro at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 08:26:20 PST 2012

Hi John,

> Can you generate LLVM IR instead of C code or Clang ASTs?  I'm not familiar
> with the Clang APIs, but I'm pretty sure the LLVM APIs are designed to do
> this (because this is more or less how the LLVM JIT works).
>
> It might also be more efficient as you wouldn't need to go from C source ->
> Clang AST -> LLVM IR -> native code; you could just go from LLVM IR ->
> native code.

Unfortunately the "source code" given to me is a very simple subset of
C; to do that, I'd have to parse it myself into LLVM IR. I was hoping
for a more canned solution, if you see what I mean.

Thanks for your time.

Marco
--
So young, and already so unknown -- Pauli

blog: http://mcraveiro.blogspot.com