[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] RFC: Change tests to run with fixed (not-host dependent) triple

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Mon Dec 3 11:46:38 PST 2012

Hi David,

I think this is a valuable topic, but I also think it is somewhat off topic
from my original post.

What you are primarily focusing on here, is, I believe, how we right tests
that are more target independent (i.e. can focus more on "test the thing
being tested" and less on other stuff). That is a great topic, but can we
separate it out to a different discussion? I think it can be treated
orthogonally to my goals which is just to have the test suite behave
uniformly for all developers.

 - Daniel