[cfe-dev] Static analysis without compilation

Sujit Kamthe Sujit.Kamthe at kpitcummins.com
Mon Dec 3 03:24:01 PST 2012

Hi,
Is it possible to do static analysis only without pre-compiling the source code.
Can I just run some static analysis checks on the source code without specifying any dependencies (include files)?
Doing this static analysis can be performed even if there are few compilation errors in the source code.
This is important as clang does not support some syntax like MFC is not fully supported.

Currently if I run static analyzer using --analyze option and if there are any syntax errors or missing header errors then clang would just print the compilation diagnostics and won't do any static analysis.
If this is achieved clang can also be used as a pure static analysis tool.

Regards,
Sujit Kamthe