[cfe-dev] Calling clang packagers: Do you install libclang & the python bindings?

Brooks Davis brooks at freebsd.org
Sun Aug 26 09:53:28 PDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 06:31:13AM +0100, David R?thlisberger wrote:
> If you are the maintainer of the clang package for one of the major
> OSs/distros:
>
> 1. Does your clang package install libclang and the python bindings??

On FreeBSD we do install libclang but do not install the python
bindings.

> 2. If not, is it because of anything that needs to be changed/added in
>   clang's Makefiles/CMakeLists.txt?

It's just been lack of a request.  I'd be happy to add a package if
someone wanted to add a package that needed them.  I'd probably add
py-clang and py-clang-devel packages to avoid a python dependency in the
main port.

-- Brooks