[cfe-dev] Type matcher madness

Michael Diamond mdiamond at google.com
Wed Aug 22 15:43:46 PDT 2012

It seems to me that the distinction between QualType and Type is an
implementation detail that we shouldn't bother users with. If we make
everything a QualType, the users will have the same functionality in a more
easily readable format. I don't really see any disadvantages to this
approach. You mentioned that this would "kill the type safety for the
matchers"--what did you mean exactly?