[cfe-dev] Problems with -stdlib=libc++

John McCall rjmccall at apple.com
Mon Aug 20 11:06:51 PDT 2012

On Aug 20, 2012, at 4:48 AM, Michael Lehn wrote:
> Im sitting here in front of a new iMac:
> (a)  I installed the latest XCode and its command line tool.
> (b)  I also installed clang-3.1 and clang-3.2 from MacPorts.

As an aside, we strongly encourage people to use compilers from Xcode
releases when developing for Apple platforms.  You are, of course, free to
disregard this, but we do a lot of platform-specific testing and qualification
of official Apple builds that is not generally done for the open-source releases.
Despite the (currently) similar numbering scheme, they are very different
releases.

John.