[cfe-dev] Expect new Phabricator code review test runs

Manuel Klimek klimek at google.com
Thu Aug 16 05:35:38 PDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru> wrote:
> 16.08.2012, 11:30, "Manuel Klimek" <klimek at google.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> last month we tried Phabricator for code reviews and got some great
>> feedback on what's missing. The main issue was that email
>> notifications were really bad. We've worked on that, and would like to
>> run some more tests by using it and gather some more feedback from the
>> community.
>
> I'm a bit surprised that you being @google.com don't promote Gerrit [1].

We want to use what fits the project best. Gerrit is a great tool for
a lot of use cases, unfortunately it doesn't fit the clang/llvm
workflow well. Of course I looked into Gerrit / Rietveld etc, but all
of them have serious downsides that seem a lot harder to fix.
Phabricator is the first one that actually looks like it comes close
to what clang/llvm would need (and even there we're not sure yet).

Cheers,
/Manuel