[cfe-dev] libclang based doxygen replacement

don hinton don.hinton at gmx.com
Wed Aug 15 18:29:07 PDT 2012

Hi:

I've written a small prototype of a doxygen-like program based on libclang with the hope of eventually contributing it.

I've only just started using clang, so I was hoping I could share what I've got so far and get feedback from more experienced clang developers before moving to the next phase.

Currently, it generates an html page for each source file, a la doxygen,, with intra- and inter-file links for variables, functions, and classes/structs.  There are still some rough edges, but I wanted to make sure I was using the libclang API correctly before moving on to the documentation pages.

I'd be happy to post a tar here (I run FreeBSD), or send it directly to anyone who might be interested.  Please let me know what's best.

thanks...
don