[cfe-dev] A template refactoring tool

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 03:49:02 PDT 2012

Chandler Carruth wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Sean Silva
> <silvas at purdue.edu> wrote:
>
>> Chandler posted this link in #llvm yesterday:
>>
>> http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/clang-tools-extra/trunk
>>
>> I'm not sure if any other announcement has been made.
>

> Everyone hang on. =] I wanted to give folks some time to play with it,

Can I request that a CMake only buildsystem is fine for this tooling repo? I
don't want to have to write and maintain custom Makefiles for 'extra' tools.

This is not such a central piece of clang that there is any need to maintain
two buildsystems for it, is it?

In particular, I would want to write a Qt based ui for some tooling, and I
wouldn't want to maintain a Makefile buildsystem for that (CMake generates
moc files automatically and ui files easily).

If you really want a Makefile based buildsystem in there, then please make
sure that is optional and a decision for the tool maintainer.

Thanks,

Steve.