[cfe-dev] How to suppress a specific diagnostic?

Arthur O'Dwyer arthur at push.am
Fri Apr 27 10:46:16 PDT 2012

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg at britannica.bec.de> wrote:
> It's a bug if a warning does not have a corresponding
> option to disable it. So what warning are you talking about?

Then clang is full of bugs that I assume must be trivial to grep for. ;)

When I feed my example autogenerated code to clang 3.1
(tags/Apple/clang-318.0.58), I get this output:

x.m:2:1: warning: no 'assign', 'retain', or 'copy' attribute is
specified - 'assign' is assumed
@property Foo *foo;
^
x.m:2:1: warning: default property attribute 'assign' not appropriate
for non-gc object
x.m:4:18: warning: division by zero is undefined
void f(int x) { x/=0; }
                 ^ ~

That's three distinct warnings with no options to toggle any of them.
Unless ToT has addressed these warnings already.

-Arthur