[cfe-dev] CLang Static Analysis -- false positives

Thu Apr 26 10:15:55 PDT 2012

OK, well I guess what I need to do is submit a preprocessed source
file where I think there's a false positive.  Thanks for your help.

One thing I do like about scan-build is that a lot of the problems it
catches have implications beyond just bugs -- if I look at the code
and understand why it is complaining, many times it pushes me to come
up with a clearer and more robust flow of control within a given
function.

It also can fill one with dispair, if you process 3rd party libraries
that can't directly fix.  The world seems full of shoddy code that
accidentally works.