[cfe-dev] def-use chains and use-def chains

srikanth vaindam srikanth.vaindam at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 23:05:13 PDT 2012

Hi,
I need to find out all the places where the value of a variable is being
used. For this I have to implement reaching definitions(def-use chains).
When I searched for its implementation I found Iterating over def-use &
use-def chains <http://llvm.org/docs/ProgrammersManual.html#iterate_chains>.
will this work for finding the places where a variable is reaching?

I tried to use "use_iterator", but couldn't make it out. Is it a must to
write LLVM Pass to use op_iterator and use_iterator?
please give me any references or examples to understand more about
use_iterator.

Best Regards,
Srikanth Vaindam