[cfe-dev] RFC: __atomic_* support for gcc 4.7 compatibility

David Chisnall csdavec at swan.ac.uk
Wed Apr 11 02:55:30 PDT 2012

On 11 Apr 2012, at 01:54, Seth Cantrell wrote:

> Calling out the correspondence with the C11 spec with __c11_atomic_ does seem desirable. Also maybe it's better for adoption by gcc as well, if they choose to add builtins that correspond to C11?

I think this is the option I like the most.  It makes it clear that this wasn't just a set of compiler developers doing something random, it has a clear and direct correspondence with the C11 spec.

Ideally, I'd also like an option where we warn if either set of intrinsics is used outside of <stdatomic.h> or <atomic>.

David