[cfe-dev] Fwd: [cfe-commits] r154321 - in /cfe/trunk: include/clang/Driver/CC1Options.td include/clang/Driver/Options.td include/clang/Frontend/CodeGenOptions.h lib/CodeGen/CGObjCGNU.cpp lib/Driver/Tools.cpp lib/Frontend/CompilerInvocation.cpp test/CodeGenObjC/trace.m

Jordan Rose jediknil at belkadan.com
Mon Apr 9 10:43:07 PDT 2012

It seems like this is unnecessary. Why not just provide a custom libobjc, interpose objc_msgSend, or such? I suppose this way you only get logs from /your/ code and not framework code...

(Also see http://www.dribin.org/dave/blog/archives/2006/04/22/tracing_objc/ -- there are a couple ways to trace ObjC messages /already/ in Apple's runtime...circa 2006, i.e. GNU runtime. Presumably these can be extended to non-Apple platforms as well.)

Jordy