[cfe-dev] Problem with libc++

Dix Lorenz dlorenz at medimach.de
Tue Apr 3 07:36:39 PDT 2012

I don't know if this is the right place for this, if not please direct me to a better place.

I just downloaded clang and libc++ trunk. This code fails:

#include <string>
#include <vector>

using namespace std;

int main(int argc, const char * argv[])
{
	vector<string> v;
	v.push_back("Hello"); // <--- error here

    return 0;
}

The error is "no viable overloaded '='". It seems as if moving strings is broken...

This is in Xcode 4.3.2 (with the include directory from libc++ trunk replacing /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/usr/include/c++/v1). If I switch to the "normal" clang Compiler in Xcode it works. If I switch from using "libc++" to "libstdc++" it also works, its the combination of the current clang and libc++ that have this problem.

/opt/bin/clang --version
clang version 3.1 (trunk 153948)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin11.3.0