[cfe-dev] Precompiled headers with libclang

Abhanshu Sharma abhanshu1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 04:00:45 PDT 2012

Hi cfe-devs,

I have a particular scenario where there is a single changing source C++
file which depends on large number of header files (which are constant).
What I want libclang to do is to just reparse this source file and extract
rest of information from a single precompiled header file in lieu of those
header files.

I am able to serialize and deserialize a Translation unit. But I am not
able to serialize a TU and use it as a library.  Does .pch files work with
libclang?

For our needs, we have 1 changing C++ source file and rest everything is
constant in very large codebase. And we want to repeatedly invoke code
complete or error checks on these. Is this setup possible with libclang?

--
Regards,
Abhanshu