[cfe-dev] JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Compiler Frontend Engineer at Apple

"C. Bergström" cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Thu Sep 29 23:04:15 PDT 2011

  On 09/30/11 12:30 PM, Ted Kremenek wrote:
> Compiler Frontend Engineer
>
> The Apple compiler team is seeking an engineer who is strongly motivated to building high-quality compilers and compiler-based tools.  We are focused on improving the features and quality of experience of the LLVM Compiler (aka "Clang") as well as building rich language tools (source code analysis, refactoring, etc.).   As a key member of the Apple Compiler Team, you will apply your strong state-of-the-art background and experience towards the deployment of ground breaking compiler-based tools that will have a huge impact on the quality of software on both the Mac and iOS platforms.
>
> You will join a small team of highly motivated senior engineers who build first-class open-source compiler tools and apply them in new and innovative ways.
>
> Required experience:
>
> * Ideal candidate will have experience with LLVM and Clang
> * Very strong C++ skills
> * Strong background in compiler architecture and compiler tools
> * Knowledge of the language semantics of one of the following: C, Objective-C, or C++
> * Knowledge of program analysis (dataflow) and type systems a major plus
> * Strong communication and teamwork skills
>
> If interested, please contact the Clang Frontend Team manager, Ted Kremenek (kremenek at apple.com).  Please include a brief statement of interest and a CV in PDF or basic text format (no MS Word documents please).
>
> The job is based onsite in Cupertino, CA at Apple's main campus.  We are not considering filling the position with a remote employee.
+1

PathScale has pretty much the exact same requirements except

s/Apple/PathScale/
s/Cupertino/remote/ (Work from anywhere - RU/CN/BR.. etc)

PathScale strongly focuses on tools for HPC, GPGPU and parallel computing.

I'm directly responsible for filing this position so you can send you CV
or questions to me.

Best,

Christopher