[cfe-dev] Work on initializer lists

Nicola Gigante nicola.gigante at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 05:58:38 PDT 2011

Hello everybody.

Commits r140454 and  r140461 from Sebastian Redl,
seem to hint that some work is in progress to implement
C++11 initializer lists.
Is this true?

I'm asking this because I'm going to start my undergraduate thesis
work, which is planned to focus on improving source-code
fidelity of initializer lists representation in clang's AST.

See "Coherent encoding of expressions occurring in initializers"
at the beginning of my GSoC proposal at:
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-dev/2011-April/014451.html

If someone is going to refactor this part of the parser to implement
C++11 generalized initialization syntax, I have to move my thesis
on something else.
This is not a problem per se, but I need to know. Also, will the
new implementation fix the current problems that clang has
in this areas?

Thank you,
Nicola