[cfe-dev] C++ support for static analyzer

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Fri Sep 23 07:41:53 PDT 2011

Hi Arjun,

The analyzer already has a fair amount of support for C++.  What's left to be is making it great.  They are many things you could try doing.  You could implement a custom checker, or dig into the analysis internals (e.g. ExprEngine) and see where things can be improved.  Another good way to start is to try and run the analyzer on real code and see where it doesn't work as you expect.  More to the point, I think you should start with some isolated problem, and gradually expand.  If you don't have any prior experience with the analyzer core, I'd suggest starting with writing a checker.

Cheers,
Ted