[cfe-dev] citing clang?

John McCall rjmccall at apple.com
Wed Sep 21 10:17:24 PDT 2011

On Sep 21, 2011, at 9:34 AM, John Regehr wrote:
> I need to reference clang in a paper; anyone know of a better way than this?
>
> @misc{Clang:URL,
>   author = "{Apple, Inc.}",

It's inappropriate to cite clang as Apple-authored;  it's an open source project which Apple puts resources into, just like the Linux kernel is an open source project which other companies put resources into.

This is just a citation for a general reference, rather than a specific quote from the source code and/or website?  I would just leave out the author entirely.

John.