[cfe-dev] Link error in clang but not g++

Holger Brandsmeier holger.brandsmeier at sam.math.ethz.ch
Wed Sep 14 14:41:55 PDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 21:19, Eli Friedman <eli.friedman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 12:15 PM, Holger Brandsmeier
> <holger.brandsmeier at sam.math.ethz.ch> wrote:
>> Eli,
>>
>> I tried to replace the linker with g++, but no success.
>>
>> Out of the three steps:
>>  1) build quadratureRulesPy.cpp
>>  2) quadraturePy.cpp
>>  3) link
>>
>> I need to use g++ for step 1) (which creates the symbol
>> parfem::QuadratureRules<double, 0>::QuadratureRules).
>>
>> I can then use clang for steps 2 and/or 3 which works nicely. If I use
>> clang for step 1 then I always end up with the reported error.
>
> Hmm... it's possible clang is using the wrong linkage.
>
> Are you using clang from trunk?  If not, can you try?
> (http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html)
>
> -Eli

Eli,

ok I downloaded it from the SVN and compiled it with the trunk version:

> Debug+Asserts/bin/clang --version
clang version 3.0 (trunk 139719)
Target: i386-pc-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix

The error stays exactly the same (the compilation takes significantly
longer as it is the debug version, but I guess that is to be
expected).

-Holger