[cfe-dev] Implementation of MSRecordLayoutBuilder.

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 13:37:32 PDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 11:45 PM, r4start <r4start at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/09/2011 21:57, r4start wrote:

>>> We certainly want to fix any cases where clang does not do struct
>>> layout consistently with MSVC on Windows.  It's hard to comment on
>>> your patch without seeing it.
>>>
>>> -Eli
>>
>> Now I'm not at work. When I come to work I'll send a patch.
>>
>> - Dmitry
>
> Here is patch for MSRecordLayoutBuilder.

I think it would be better to integrate the checks into the main
RecordLayoutBuilder class rather than subclassing it.

Please include tests in your patch.  (See test/CodeGen/ms_struct.c for
an example.)

I would like someone more familiar with MSVC to review the actual
logic here (ping me if nobody does within a few days, though, and I'll
try to review anyway).

-Eli