[cfe-dev] Unicode path handling on Windows

Nikola Smiljanic popizdeh at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 23:28:21 PDT 2011

The problem is not in the functions that return multibyte strings (the
multibyte string is coming from argv) but in the functions that can't handle
utf8 input on windows, such as ::open and ::stat.

llvm::sys::fs module assumes utf8 input and I don't think this is true for
windows. One solution would be to make the module work with multibyte
strings as I've done, and the other one would be to convert everything to
utf8 in which case a lot of code would have to change because we'd have to
convert from utf8 to utf16 whenever we call windows api functions. And note
that ::wstat has different argument type than ::stat, and this structure is
passed all around.