[cfe-dev] Missing implicit cast inside CXXFunctionalCastExpr node.

Enea Zaffanella zaffanella at cs.unipr.it
Fri Sep 2 12:04:56 PDT 2011

Il 02/09/2011 19:42, Eli Friedman ha scritto:
> On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 9:03 AM, Enea Zaffanella <zaffanella at cs.unipr.it> wrote:
>> Hello.

[...]

>> As far as I recall, CXXFunctionalCastExpr is just a syntactic wrapper
>> and the semantics of the cast (eventually CK_NoOp) has to be found in an
>> embedded ImplicitCastExpr node.
>
> CXXFunctionalCastExpr can have a cast kind... it should be visible
> with -ast-dump (and correct) with r139011.
>
> -Eli

Thanks for the very quick fix.

It looks like I was somehow misunderstanding CXXFunctionalCastExpr.
Am I correct if I say that the argument expression of a (non type or
value dependent) CXXFunctionalCastExpr can only be one of:
  - CXXConstructExpr
  - CXXBindTemporaryExpr
  - ImplicitCastExpr
  - an expression having scalar type
?

Thanks in advance for any clarification.
Enea.