[cfe-dev] looking for an AST traversal example

josef maxim pohl josef.m.pohl at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 09:11:14 PDT 2011

Hi there,

I am still on my search for a relatively simple example to work with which
creates an AST from a source file and traverses it doing even the most
rudimentary tasks.  Does anyone have such an example?  Or does anyone have
any tips on how to go about building one?

What I am attempting to do is build a stand-alone application (ie not a
plugin) that sets up the AST (ie build preprocessor, set appropriate
options (header search, etc), initialize ParseAST routine, ...) and then
use an ASTConsumer to traverse the tree.

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Josef