[cfe-dev] How to query "multi-declarator auto" support?

Michel Morin mimomorin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 10:23:24 PDT 2011

Michel Morin wrote:
> * Does __has_feature(cxx_deleted_functions) mean that *defaulted* function
>  is supported?

I tested some codes and confirmed that __has_feature(cxx_deleted_functions)
does not mean defaulted function is also supported. And there is no querying
macro something like __has_feature(cxx_defaulted_functions).

> * Does __has_feature(cxx_generalized_initializers) mean that we can safely
>  write `#include <initializer_list>` even with a C++03 standard library?

Definitely no, I think, since this querying macro reports
about the "language core" part of initializer_list.

> * How to query the support of char16_t and char32_t?

It seems that both of these types are supported on any versions of clang
in a C++11 mode.
So, can we query the support by `#ifdef __GXX_EXPERIMENTAL_CXX0X__`?

Regards,
Michel