[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] [3.0 Release] Call for External Open Source Projects Using LLVM 3.0

Alexander Potapenko ramosian.glider at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 01:33:42 PDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 5:06 AM, Bill Wendling <wendling at apple.com> wrote:
> Good day!
>
> To get ready for the release, we need to make sure that the list of external open source projects using LLVM 3.0 (file:///Volumes/Sandbox/llvm/llvm.src/docs/ReleaseNotes.html#externalproj) is up to date. Please send me an email with the project's name and a short description of it. Alternatively, if the project was commented out and you would still like to be listed, just tell me and I'll uncomment the blurb. :-)
>
> Share and enjoy!
> -bw

Name: ThreadSanitizer, a data race detector.
ThreadSanitizer is a data race detector for (mostly) C and C++ code,
available for Linux, Mac OS and Windows.
On different systems we use binary instrumentation frameworks
(Valgrind, Pin and DynamoRio) as frontends that generate the program
events for the race detection algorithm.
On Linux there's an option of using LLVM-based compile-time instrumentation.