[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] ANN: libclc (OpenCL C library implementation)

Michael Boyer mwb7w at cs.virginia.edu
Fri Oct 21 07:07:36 PDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Speziale Ettore
<speziale.ettore at gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently I have implemented an OpenCL backend for i386 and X86_64 CPUs.
> I have coded work-item stacks by hand because after some sintetic
> benchmarks I have observed that both ucontext and setjmp/longjmp contain
> some extra overheads.

If you have not already seen it, you (and anyone else working on
OpenCL runtimes) might be interested in this paper from AMD:
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1854302
In particular, Section 4 describes the implementation approach for
their x86 OpenCL runtime and mentions a number of optimizations they
applied to things like the work-item stack.

- Michael