[cfe-dev] Problem building Clang in Eclipse

Csaba Raduly rcsaba at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 01:23:51 PDT 2011

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 9:11 PM, Rahul Purandare  wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build Clang in Eclipse (Indigo) on Ubuntu. I am following the
> steps given at http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html . I have done
> following:
> 1. Checked out llvm from svn repository.
> 2. Checked out Clang from svn repository under llvm/tools
> 3. Created build directory at the top level directory so that it has two
> subdirectories, llvm and build.
> 4. Used cmake and generator "Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefile" that created
> project files in build directory.
> 5. Used eclipse to build project.
>
> Eclipse builds the project (llvm) successfully as I receive no compilation
> or link errors and I see executables including "clang" in directory bin
> under build. However, when I open any source file, such as CFG.cpp, Eclipse
> shows numerous compilation errors related to unresolved symbols. I am
> wondering if I have missed something in the steps. Could you please help me?

Hi Rahul,
First, open Project Properties and check C/C++ General -> Path and
Symbols, the "Source Location" tab. Make sure that "llvm" (the root of
the source) directory appears in the "Source folders on build path"
list.

Another option is to go to Window -> Preferences, C/C++, Code Analysis
and turn off "Syntax and semantic errors"

Csaba