[cfe-dev] [Patch] Build failure on Windows+MinGW (GCC and Clang)

Ruben Van Boxem vanboxem.ruben at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 12:09:39 PDT 2011

2011/10/6 Aaron Ballman <aaron at aaronballman.com>

> On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 2:00 PM, Ruben Van Boxem
> <vanboxem.ruben at gmail.com> wrote:
> > When building LLVM/Clang, I get the following build failure:
> >
> > MinGW-w64 provides the necessary typedefs and declarations. I adjusted
> the
> > ifdef's to include a check for a the MinGW-w64-specific symbol of choice
> > differentiate mingw.org vs mingw-w64. Tested on i686-w64-mingw32 and
> > x86_64-w64-mingw32.
> >
> > Please comment or apply. (I am not subscribed to llvm-dev, sorry :-/)
>
> I believe that would be my fault -- sorry about that.  MinGW 64
> appears to have the proper support already built in, but 32-bit does
> not.  This patch looks good to me, thanks for the help!

You're welcome! Please remember that MinGW-w64 does not mean it is 64-bit.
It provides both 32- and 64-bit headers/libs. The "w64" in the name was
originally because that was the project's principal goal, among extending
the API completeness and compatibility with MSVC. Just so that I don't find
any MinGW-w64/.org 64-bit misconceptions in LLVM code later ;-) It's an
understandable mistake (and the name doesn't help at all :-/)

Ruben