[cfe-dev] Java bindings for clang/libclang?

Kevin Kelley kevin at kelleysoft.com
Wed Nov 30 13:21:35 PST 2011

On 11/30/2011 10:46 AM, Nathan Ridge wrote:
>>> I am wondering whether there exist Java bindings for libclang, or some other
>>> way to access the clang API from Java code (other than using JNI directly - I'm
>>> thinking of something like a Java wrapper library, possibly implemented using
>>> JNI)?
>> You can use the Oliver Chafik JNAerator/Bridj project to auto-generate a bindings class
>> from the clang and llvm headers. The generated classes could use some refactoring and
>> cleanup, and I'm working on making a clean set of wrappers out of it.
> Cool! Would you be interested in sharing that once it's finished?
Yep, I plan to make it available when it's in shape.  I mostly like how
it's looking,
now, but I've only tested a small fraction of the surface area of the
apis --
enough to know that it's going to work, not enough to say that everything's
correct.  I want to put together a working example that exercises at least
a reasonable subset; when that's working I'll probably github it.

Kevin