[cfe-dev] no reports generated

David Durham david.durham.jr at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 10:24:15 PST 2011

> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 3:38 PM, Ted Kremenek <kremenek at apple.com> wrote:
>> It sounds like the version of ccc-analyzer you are using is just skipping C++ files.  We certainly didn't have it enabled in the LLVM 2.9 timeframe because it was too alpha in quality.

Bringing this back to the list.  I inadvertently replied directly to Ted.

I have tried building from source as described here:

  http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html#build

and here:

  http://clang-analyzer.llvm.org/installation.html

so end up with the following version:

  $ clang -v
  clang version 3.1 (trunk 144909)
  Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
  Thread model: posix

but I get the same results.

  $ scan-build make
  scan-build: 'clang' executable not found in '/usr/local/clang/scan-build/bin'.
  scan-build: Using 'clang' from path: /usr/local/bin/clang
  /usr/local/clang/scan-build/c++-analyzer -Iinclude   -c -o
TestsMain.o TestsMain.cpp
  /usr/local/clang/scan-build/c++-analyzer -Iinclude   -c -o
ExampleTest.o ExampleTest.cpp
  /usr/local/clang/scan-build/c++-analyzer -Iinclude -o smstest
TestsMain.o ExampleTest.o  -lcppunit
  scan-build: Removing directory '/tmp/scan-build-2011-11-17-1'
because it contains no reports.

ExampleTest.cpp contains the following:

        int *x = NULL;
        int y = (*x) * 5;

Any other ideas?  I see something about patching libstdc++-4.4 needing
a patch.  Could not having this patch lead to my current lack of
reports?

Thanks,
Dave