[cfe-dev] Problem running clang-test when building with existing llvm install

Langmuir, Ben ben.langmuir at intel.com
Fri Nov 11 13:10:18 PST 2011

Is there a way to successfully run "make clang-test" when building clang with an existing llvm install? I.e. without a full llvm source tree.

I have successfully built clang using the -DCLANG_PATH_TO_LLVM_BUILD option to cmake, and I got most of the tests to pass by:
1) changing the variable LLVM_TOOLS_BINARY_DIR in <llvm_install>/share/llvm/cmake/LLVMConfig.cmake to point into the installation rather than the non-existent build directory
2) putting FileCheck into the bin directory of the install

However, I still see many failures (the complete list is attached):

cmake -DCLANG_PATH_TO_LLVM_BUILD=../../llvm/install ..
make -j4
make -j4 clang-test
  Expected Passes    : 3774
  Expected Failures  : 26
  Unsupported Tests  : 1
  Unexpected Failures: 184

All of the tests pass when using a full llvm source tree.

Ben Langmuir