[cfe-dev] Adding a -W flag for "using extended field designator is an extension"

Jeff Walden jwalden+clang at mit.edu
Wed Nov 9 00:13:52 PST 2011

On 11/08/2011 07:04 PM, Douglas Gregor wrote:
> I ended up going with the name "-Wextended-offsetof", in case we get any more extensions to offsetof (and to match up with -Winvalid-offsetof a bit more closely).

Makes sense -- and for its concision as well.

I was going from <http://clang.llvm.org/hacking.html>, which does suggest cfe-commits first.  But it also says "if you have questions, or want to have a wider discussion of what you are doing, such as if you are new to Clang development, you can use the cfe-dev mailing list".  Since these points applied, I went with cfe-dev.  It might be worth clarifying that somehow.

> Committed as r144160 with that tweak, thanks!

Excellent, thanks!

Jeff