[cfe-dev] RFC: Clang driver redesign

Clark Gaebel cg.wowus.cg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 07:34:41 PST 2011

What's wrong with having a gcc compatibility layer for the driver which
just translates from one option set to the other. I'm thinking of something
like:

clang-gcc [gcc options]
clang-g++ [g++ options]

clang [clang options]
clang++ [clang++ options]

If anything, the clang-gcc and clang-g++ could just be shell script
wrappers around clang.