[cfe-dev] Current state of Microsoft extensions

Leandro T. C. Melo leandro.melo at nokia.com
Thu Nov 3 08:39:27 PDT 2011

Hi all,

as far as I understand, clang doesn't fully support the Microsoft
extensions yet. I know there are options like -fms-extensions and others
such as -fdelayed-template-parsing that can be useful. Still I gave it
try with an up-to-date version of clang (VS 2010) for a file that simply
#include <algorithm> and got quite a few errors.

I was told on IRC that there's been recent work in this area. So I'd
like to kindly ask if someone could provide an overview of the current
situation. Basically, an update of the statements from
http://clang.llvm.org/docs/UsersManual.html and
http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStartedVS.html concerning the Microsoft
environment. Perhaps there's a more detailed list of what can be
expected, what is missing, what's currently on the way, where help is
needed, etc?

Cheers,
Leandro