[cfe-dev] C++11 lambdas

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 13:06:03 PDT 2011

> A newcomer here wondering what's the state of things with regards to lambdas
> support in Clang. I heard there was a gsoc project going on for that this
> summer, but google doesn't give me any recent updates on that project's
> results yet. Are we going to have lambdas in Clang soon?

I can't speak for any GSoC work, but one John Freeman contributed the
first step on the road to Lambdas in r136876 (
http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project?view=rev&revision=136876 ) & has
had out for code review the next step (sema + AST:
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-commits/Week-of-Mon-20110822/045472.html
(this isn't the entire thread, since it's grouped by week)) though
that hasn't been committed yet & seems to be a little dead in the
water until John or someone else (I might) has time to further refine
it based on Doug's feedback.

- David