[cfe-dev] How to test examples / make sure they still build

Manuel Klimek klimek at google.com
Tue May 31 18:09:01 PDT 2011

Today I ran into a problem after checking in a tested example tool
that the tool is not available when we don't build the examples, thus
the test broke.
I then realized that I also had not added Makefile support for the
example, so I tried to build the examples with autoconf and noticed
they were broken (link failure, Nick submitted a patch).

Now my questions are:
- are tests for examples not supported?
- is there a reason examples are not built in the build bots? (as
everything that's not built tends to rot...)

Cheers,
/Manuel