[cfe-dev] libc++abi

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Tue May 24 09:56:08 PDT 2011

On May 24, 2011, at 1:56 AM, 罗勇刚(Yonggang Luo) wrote:

> 1) It's used in production already
> 2) It's been tested with LLVM, PathScale and possibly other compilers
> 3) It's portable across FreeBSD, Linux, Solaris, OSX.. etc
> 4) Has good inline documentation
> 5) Smallest/fastest C++ runtime in the industry based on my tests
>
> ./C
>
> ps. Someone kick me if it's not in the wild by later today

> Is that means https://github.com/pathscale/libcxxrt will be merged into libc++abi?

Hi Yonggang,

After discussion, we decided not to do this.  The bulk of libcxxrt is an older demangler (that doesn't support C++'0x) that I think they're planning to drop.  The rest of the code is relatively minor stuff like implementation of std::bad_alloc and a few other glue things that should be straight-forward to implement in libc++abi.  Since adding an external dependency complicates the licensing and distribution model, we're prefer to keep the LLVM libc++abi independent of libcxxrt.

-Chris