[cfe-dev] [Review Request] char16_t and char32_t character literals

Sean Hunt scshunt at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Sun May 22 14:22:04 PDT 2011

On 11-05-22 06:10 AM, Yusaku Shiga wrote:
> * TODO
>
> (1) No Code Conversion.
> At this point, only ascii characters are available in the char16_t and
> char32_t constants because
> I have not implemented code conversion logic. I plan to fix the problem
> in next patch to support
> chart16_t and char32_t string literals.

Clang needs full UTF-8 support, both inside and outside string-literals.
Please bear this in mind when coding support for it, otherwise it will
be just as much work to put full UTF-8 support in as it already is, and
you'll have wasted effort.

The intended design is to convert universal-character-names to UTF-8
internally, which we do not currently do.

Sean