[cfe-dev] Big Clang DLL, plug-in mechanism revision

John Thompson john.thompson.jtsoftware at gmail.com
Thu May 19 17:09:34 PDT 2011

Hi,

With the help of Cédric and Óscar, I've now got a minimal DLL version of
Clang building and passing all the Clang tests, with plug-ins working on
Windows also.

It's still considered very experimental, with only enough symbols exported
to build the executables, and not always edited cleanly, and the build
mechanism is a little iffy, going under the covers to collect the sources
files to build, but I think it's enough to demonstrate that the mechanism
works.

Therefore, I'd like to get some more discussion and review going, and get a
descision as to whether you want to use this work in some form, and whether
I should continue persuing it.

I've update the patches (after updating to revision 131695 of the trunk
today):

http://www.jtlanguage.com/xfer/dll_llvm_patch.txt
http://www.jtlanguage.com/xfer/dll_clang_patch.txt

(If my web host is unresponsive, please wait a bit and try again.)

To configure cmake, delete the CMakeCache.txt file and run cmake as follows:

cmake -G "Visual Studio 9 2008"  -DCLANG_BUILD_EXAMPLES=ON
-DLLVM_BUILD_DLL=ON .

To see more details of what I've done, please see my May 9th and May
4th (2011) posts of the same subject.

Thanks.

-John

--