[cfe-dev] RE : AST Transformation

Ruch Grégory gregory.ruch at heig-vd.ch
Thu Mar 31 00:24:44 PDT 2011

Thank you for you reply

I want to make AST transformation. My goal is to change the program control flow. One example is controle flow flattening. http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/~akiss/pub/pdf/laszlo_obfuscating_journal.pdf. But there are many other techniques.
I think that if I can directly build an executable from the modified AST it's interesting. And rebuild the source code also interest me. I want to make harder the reverse engineering.

someone else is he convinced by the idea or not ?

But the question is more technical about Clang. Can we just implement AST transformation plugin and let the normal execution of Clang to build the executable ? I've read that pretty-print do not garantee to get reparsable code, therefore I throught that it will be better to build directly the executable.