[cfe-dev] [GSoC] "C++0x Lambda functions implementation" proposal

Jonathan Sauer jonathan.sauer at gmx.de
Wed Mar 30 08:25:22 PDT 2011

Hello,

> [...]
> This project will implement lambda functions in Clang, including other needed C++0x features.
> In particular, this will imply the implementation of at least the new "lately-specified return type" syntax.

According to the overview <http://clang.llvm.org/cxx_status.html>, this feature has not been implemented
(or even started) yet. I am currently too tired to be able to parse 8.3.5p2 reliably, but the following
works (well, compiles) in clang revision 128404:

static auto foo(int a, int b) -> decltype(a+b)
{
	return a+b;
}

static auto bar(float a, float b) -> float
{
	return a+b;
}

> Bye,