[cfe-dev] minimal clang for AST use

Olaf Krzikalla Olaf.Krzikalla at tu-dresden.de
Mon Mar 28 23:48:58 PDT 2011

Hi,

Am 01.12.2010 01:14, schrieb chris nuernberger:
> I am working to build a minimal clang that doesn't include any llvm
> code generation abilities.  This is intended to analyze a source code
> base and produce various code generation files based on the clang AST.
>
> I modified various files and such to remove most of llvm (except
> LLVMSupport) from the mix; if anyone is interested I could tell you
> exactly what I did.

I'd be interested too. My application only transformes the AST and
rewrite it.

 > One thing that would be neat would be if someone were to build an
 > application to enable quick creation of code generators.  If we could
 > map the AST to a more useable scripting system and thus quickly write
 > an action that processed the AST from one or multiple files combined.
 > The key would be to map the AST to some generic and easily scriptable
 > object model (or map a scripting system to the AST directly).

Regarding the scripting model you might want to check out some papers
(e.g. http://www.springerlink.com/content/v2114255v58xt260/).
Currently I implement my transformations in C++ but I have already
thought about some more declarative AST transformation rules too.
Anything in that direction would be very interesting.

Best regards
Olaf Krzikalla